Daad Akwesi is the Head Partner of Civil Litigation. She has 19 years’ experience in legal practice. As a Partner of the Disputes practice group of the firm, she is responsible for all contentious matters, by managing, supervising, and performing the required analyses, and then handling trials before the courts. She has worked as counsel in several headline dispute matters in Ghana.
Daad has represented several local and international clients including International Finance Corporation, Abosso Goldfields, Exim Bank, ATC Tower Ghana Limited, Ericsson AB (Ghana) Limited, Vitol, Ecobank, Deloitte & Touche, AngloGold Ashanti and Vodafone.
Daad holds an LLB from the University of Ghana and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. Daad is a member of the Ghana Bar Association and Lex Mundi.
Daad Akwesi wins considerable recognition for her dispute resolution skills. She is highly knowledgeable in civil litigation and is regularly instructed by clients in the energy sector.
"She is a seasoned litigator with a sound knowledge of substantive law and civil procedure." "She is really quite a good and thoughtful lawyer who approaches the work with seriousness." - Chambers Global, 2022
Rankings and Awards
Band 3 in dispute resolution - Chambers Global, 2022
Recommended in Dispute Resolution - The Legal 500, 2022
- Lead Counsel for Aviation Handling Services Ghana in several matters in court.
- Counsel for Deloitte & Touche Ghana in general litigation.
- Lead counsel for ATC Tower Ghana Limited in several matters in court.
- Counsel for Vitol SA-Springfield Exploration & Production Limited.
- Counsel for Ericsson AB (Ghana) Limited in general litigation including labour related matters and a claim for breach of contract by a sub-contractor.
- Counsel for AngloGold Ashanti in several matters in court.
- Counsel for Vodafone Ghana Limited.