Kwame is an Associate in the Disputes Department of the Firm. He advises and represents clients in the resolution of complex domestic and cross-border disputes covering different industry sectors such as energy and natural resources, infrastructure, telecommunications, banking, etc. He also represents clients on diverse subject matters including shareholders’ disputes and shareholders’ minority protection actions, contractual breaches, regulatory infractions, medical negligence, employment disputes, among others.
Kwame has represented several local and international clients including Vitol Upstream Ghana Ltd, Ecobank, FBN Bank (UK) Ltd, KPMG, National Investment Bank, Stena Unicon Offshore Services Ltd, Bayport Savings and Loans and Monjasa DMCC.
Kwame holds a B.A from the University of Ghana, an LLB from the Ghana Institute of Management of Public Administration. He has a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law and is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Representation for a multinational energy and commodities trading company in a dispute relating to the client’s interest in an oil field in which it has invested over USD7 billion.
- Representation for an international financial institution in a dispute to recover a USD800,000 debt.
- Adviced on debt recovery options available to an international financial institution.
- Representation for a multinational investment fund in a dispute relating to the client’s interest in a processing factory in which it has invested over USD30 million.
- Representation for a multinational exploration and production company in a judicial review application against the implementation of a directive of an executive body.
Kwame Owusu Nkansah