Pappa Kweku Anan-Ankomah is an Associate in the firm’s Disputes practice group. His practice focuses on advising and representing clients in complex civil litigation and out-of-court settlements through arbitration and other dispute resolution methods. He has extensive experience representing clients in corporate and commercial matters, as well as debt recovery, tort, constitutional law, mining and oil and gas disputes.
Pappa has represented key clients including Ecobank Ghana Ltd, Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Deloitte & Touche, Eni Ghana Ltd, Vitol Upstream Ghana Ltd, Secoroc Ghana Ltd, AngloGold Ashanti and Ghana Oil Palm Development Company Limited.
Pappa is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales and in Ghana. He holds an LLB from Newcastle University, completed the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) and was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2019. He also obtained a qualifying law certificate from the Ghana School of Law. He is a member of the Ghana Bar Association and the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
- Junior Counsel for Ecobank Ghana in several matters in court.
- Junior Counsel for AngloGold Ashanti in claims for compensation by farmers and land owners allegedly affected by their mining activities in
- Junior Counsel for Vitol and Eni Ghana in matters against the Government of Ghana regarding unitization of the Sankofa and Afina
oil fields in Ghana.
- Junior Counsel for members of the Ghana Arbitration Tribunal in several matters in court relating to attempts to revoke the authority of
arbitrators adjudicating over matters in arbitration
- Junior Counsel for Abosso Goldfields in its domestic arbitration matter against BCM Ghana Ltd .
- Junior Counsel for Ghana Oil Palm Development Company in its negotiations with the Government of Ghana.
- Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards: Ghana
- Dispute Resolution Practices Progressing across Africa