Sena is a Senior Associate of the Financial Institutions & Capital Markets practice group. She has extensive experience advising various transaction parties on derivatives and structured products, securitisation, debt and equity capital markets transactions, corporate finance transactions including international bilateral and syndicated finance transactions, mergers and acquisition transactions, corporate reorganisation and restructuring and financial regulatory and advisory services to a mix of financial institutions.
Sena has represented several local and international clients including the Bank of Ghana, Ministry of Finance, Ghana Stock Exchange, International Finance Corporation, African Export-Import Bank, Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V., Front Clear Management B.V., the Development Bank Ghana Ltd and the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund etc.
Sena holds a B.A and an LLB from the University of Ghana and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association, Ghana Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Advisors and the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals.
Rankings and Awards
Rising Star, Banking and Finance - IFLR, 2022
- African Export-Import Bank on its USD 150 million currency swap transaction with the Bank of Ghana.
- Imara Corporation on its monetisation of Ghana’s gold mineral royalties.
- Ghana Stock Exchange on its demutualisation project.
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited Isle of Man Branch and Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd on its USD 90 million secured revolving facility to Golden Star (Wassa) Limited.
- Ghana Cocoa Board on its USD 1.3 billion syndicated receivables-backed trade finance facility for the purchase of cocoa beans for the 2022/2023 crop season.
- Ministry of Finance on its 2018 Eurobond transaction.
- Norton Rose Fulbright - 10 Things to Know - Insurance Regulation in Africa – 10 things to know about 12 Countries
- The Development Finance Institutions Act, 2020 (Act 1032) – Framework for a National Development Bank for Ghana
- Financial Holding Companies under the Banks and the Banks and Specialised Deposit-Taking Institutions Act, 2016 (Act 930): Key Points
- Perfection of Security Documents
- Technology Transfer Agreements: What you need to know