Seyram is a Partner with our Energy and Infrastructure Department. She has extensive experience in corporate and commercial transactions. Her practice focuses on energy and natural resources. She has played a leading role in acting for and advising a range of organisations, from multinational corporations to indigenous small-to-medium enterprises in the power, oil, gas and mining sectors.
Her clients include Kosmos, Tullow Ghana Limited, Anadarko, AngloGold Ashanti Limited, Newmont Ghana Gold Limited, Vitol, Aker Energy and Kinross.
Seyram holds a BA and an LLB from the University of Ghana and a qualifying certificate from the Ghana School of Law. She also holds an LLM in Petroleum Law and Policy from the University of Dundee. She is a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
"Very strong on analytical advice. Very consistent. Seyram Dzikunu is extremely bright". - The Legal 500 2022
"Seyram Dzikunu is an excellent lawyer and gives thoughtful, measured advice" - The Legal 500 2022
"Responsive, kind, smart and practical” – IFLR 1000 2022
"Very strong legal advice, good client-handling skills, good manager of her legal team." – IFLR 1000
Rankings and Awards
Recommended in Energy and Infrastructure Projects – The Legal 500,2022
Rising star partner, Project Development - IFLR 1000, 2022
- Future Global Resources in connection with its acquisition of the entire issued shares of Bogoso Holdings, which held 90% interest in the Ghanaian mining company, FGR Bogoso Prestea Ltd.
- Advised on an $8 billion oil and gas project; including negotiating for a Gas Sales Agreement and a Security Package with the Government of Ghana, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Petroleum.
- West Africa Gas Limited on a proposed negotiation for a Gas Sales Agreement and negotiating the terms of the Gas Sales Agreement with the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation.
- Qatar Petroleum in connection with the first petroleum licensing round in Ghana.
- Tema Oil Refinery Ltd. (TOR) in connection with (i) the transfer of Ghana’s Strategic offshore mooring facilities (a single point mooring system and a conventional buoy mooring) from Trafigura to TOR, and (ii) raising USD $90 Million through the sale of shares in a special purpose vehicle set up to manage TOR’s offshore mooring asset.
- Dzikunu S. & Stephens K. T “Ghana in: Governing Law and Dispute Resolution in the Oil and Gas Industry, Eduardo Pereira, Tuuli Timonen, and Elina Aleynikova (eds.), (Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd,2022).
- Dzikunu S. & Stephens K. T., ‘Examining Ghana’s Petroleum Act, 2016 (Act 919) and Other Legislative Developments’ in Petroleum Resource Management in Africa: Lessons from Ten Years of Oil and Gas Production in Ghana, 3, Theophilus Acheampong and Thomas Kojo Stephens. (eds.), (Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan, 2022).
- Dzikunu S. & Iddrisu A-N., Ghana, Oil & Gas - A comparative guide .
- Dzikunu S. & Others, Ghana’s Upstream Petroleum Legal Regime’ in CBOD 2019 Ghana Petroleum Industry Report.
- Dzikunu S. & Others, Ghana – Côte d’Ivoire Maritime Boundary Dispute, Implications of the Decision of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, (Nov, 2017)
- Dzikunu S. & Stephens K. T., ‘Ghana’ in Upstream Law and Regulation: A Global Guide, 103 Second Edition, Dr. Eduardo G. Pereira and Professor Kim Talus (eds.), (Surrey: Globe Law and Business Ltd, 2017).
- Dzikunu S., Legal Overview of Doing Business in Ghana; Oil and Gas, Presented to the Scottish Oil and Gas Trade Mission to Ghana on Monday 19th June, 2017 at the British High Commissioner, Accra.
- 'Selection of Local Partners for the 5% Equity Participation in a Petroleum Agreement: A Prerogative of the International Oil Company or the Minister.